
Tomorrow kicks off Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I'd be willing to bet most of my readers have been affected by this disease, be it directly or indirectly.
In college, I wasn't one of those girls aching to join a sorority. Truthfully, I had been burned by some girlfriends and was in no hurry to join a large group of them. I was finally in a place where I could choose my friends and I was NOT going to be thrust into a situation where I had to be nice to people who didn't deserve it.
Well, my roomie from freshman year joined ZTA and before I knew it, I was jealous! However, because I wasn't joining for the popularity, I could join for a reason that mattered...philanthropy!
As a Zeta, I helped host Pink Ribbon events, I wore pink ribbons on my clothing, I had pink ribbons on my keychains and we hosted a "Big Man on Campus" event that raised money for Susan G. Komen.
This is a disease that affects so many and we need to each do our part to help eradicate it. Who doesn't love fashion? Well, now you can pair this fabulous bangle with the hottest new boyfriend blazer. Put it with your favorite pink Lilly Pulitzer dress. It would make a great accessory with a crisp white blouse.
A. Tierney is donating 20% of the sales from this bangle to Susan G. Komen as long as you enter the code: Fall09 at checkout.
Just remember, you may not need this organization now, but unfortunately it is likely that at some time in your life you will witness a friend or family member in need of these funds and prayers.
Buy now...help save a life!


I'm gonna head over there right now!
ReplyDeleteI may get nay-sayed out of here, but I read about an interesting campaign a few years ago called the Buy (Less) Crap campaign as a response to Gap's (red) campaign thing. I'm a huge fan of the idea. more here: http://buylesscrap.org/
ReplyDeleteThe premise of the campaign is that instead of spending X amount of dollars on something that only donates a percentage of that money to a cause, you should instead not buy anything and donate the full cost of a product directly to the campaign. There was an article, I think last year, about how too many companies are taking advantage of awareness months to promote products and then donate a tiny fraction to the cause because they know that people buy into awareness stuff.
Then again, if you're going to buy a product anyway, why not buy one that gives back?
Just my two cents.
The comment above makes an interesting point and I don't disagree. I do think, though, that if you're planning on buying something and it happens to support a good cause, you're still doing a lot of good.
ReplyDelete