In honor of reunions, since once of my best friends just got her fiance back, I am going to post a pic from Mr. Marine's homecoming. Only those who have experienced it will know the true emotion captured in this photo... Tunnel vision, world stopped turning, and a feeling that my heart was going to leap from my chest!
I don't have children, but women who do swear you forget the pain when you hold your baby for the first time...Well, when Mr. Marine held me in his arms it made all the sleepless nights, all the tears, all the worry fade away (Don't worry, those emotions came back when he talked about deploying again less than 9 months later) But what I felt in this moment is something that still gives me butterflies...

As a "Welcome Home" gift I got my chef of a husband the ultimate "Mr. Marine gift." We went to a fabulous restaurant in Raleigh, sat at the Chef's Table (in the middle of the kitchen) and got served a special menu by the chef himself, complete with wine pairings. Of course, Mr. Marine was in heaven telling me all about what the people were doing in the kitchen, the stations, etc...Oh, and when he discovered that restaurant uses the same knives he has, his eyes lit up like a 5 year old on Christmas morning! Actually, he was probably thinking, "I told you our knife collection was the best...even if it does cost us the price of a small vehicle."


Yes, it is one of a kind type of a feeling... the homecomings.
ReplyDeleteGreat pics!
I can't wait for MY first homecoming. Check back in 2010.
ReplyDeleteI have a second homecoming in about three months :) Looking forward to that!!! And yes, you forget all of the bad feelings, the restless nights, the pain in your heart from worrying- the moment you see him and are in his arms :) I cannot wait for mine to come back.
ReplyDeleteAWW! :) LOVE the pictures and you look beautiful in all of them!
ReplyDeleteOh these are so great. and such perfect memories!
ReplyDeleteCute pics! Especially the first one - how perfect!!
ReplyDeleteOK I want to know what kind of knives??! I have been wanting some really good ones. Email me if you can treasurepayne@hotmail.com and by the way GO DAWGS!!!! I can't wait for the Gators!!
ReplyDeleteaww love the pics!! I love that reunited feeling! :)
ReplyDeleteAw, you guys are too cute! Love it!
ReplyDeleteAwww that picture made me get chills. I can't imagine what it was like having him gone for so long. Your strength is so amazing.
ReplyDelete