I just spilled coffee on my brand-spankin-new silk shirt.
I am pissed!
Please tell me how to get this out!
From now on, I will only drink from a straw when wearing nice clothes. I hate you coffee!
P.S. I can't do anything at the moment, so don't tell me to take it off and soak it...I'm at work and clients don't want to see what is under this shirt...trust me!


I swear by Goop Hand Cleaner. Its in the automotive department at Wal-Mart...Target doesn't carry it. I've used it for just about everything and its always worked! It's usually less than $2 too, which is always nice! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteDon't put anything on a silk shirt!! It will ruin it! You're gunna have to take it to a dry cleaner. :( Are you on lunch break? Maybe you could run home, change and drop off the shirt at the dry cleaners.
ReplyDeleteSilk is a stubborn fabric.
I always use Dawn dish soap, even if it is silk. rinse is over and over again in cold water then was cold with Woolite and hang to dry...! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you can wash silk, but try Carbona cleasers. I know they sell them at Fabric stores like Jo-Anns and at Kroger Grocery Store. They make one specifically for coffee. These are the best stain removers ever!
ReplyDeleteI found this stuff called "Grandma's Spot Cleaner" and it seriously is AMAZING. I found it at AC Moore of all places.
ReplyDelete