Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dogs Stick Together!

Last night went down something like this...

Mr. Marine has to work today because the Marines don't care that there's snow on the ground. So as the fluffy stuff continued to pile-up last night, he decided to take our dog outside and play in it...at 11pm. 

I, who has the day off, stayed snuggled in bed. Well when my husband is done playing, him and Riley trot on upstairs and both hop in the bed. (Lab in bed started during deployment...habit still going strong)

I am trying to sleep but am distracted by the sound of my dog licking! I hate that sound and it usually happens after he eats a bug. If I were still living in TX, I would assume he ate/licked a frog...but Mr.Toad's wild ride doesn't come this far north! 

So I am trying to get him to stop that awful slurping sound, and finally I say to Mr. Marine, "Either the dog stops or I'm sleeping in the guest room."

Mr. Marine, who was in his own doghouse for various reasons last night, makes no attempt to figure out how to stop the dog. He just rolls over and ignores me. I realize my husband's learning to sleep when bombs are going off around him is a talent, but I am such a sound person. I can hear him crack his knuckles from 3 floors up...and don't get me started on nail clipping sounds!

Anyways, Just stop the damn dog from slurping! 

So guess where I woke-up this morning? Yep...the guest room!

Where were the dogs in the morning? Sleeping soundly in the master bed! 

Unbelievable! Un-freaking-believable!


2 comments:

  1. I hear ya. Our dogs wake up, shift, jump off the bed, want under the covers, walk in circles, etc all through the night. "Ken" sleeps through it ALL. However, the pups and I go to bed before he does, so sometimes....Ken wakes up on the couch becuase there is no room for him in the master bed. Best of luck tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The noise of a dog licking anything, and the sound of nails being clipped is enough to send me through the roof... or out into the streets screaming!

    ReplyDelete