Anyways, I finally decided on "Running in Stilettos." As you will come to know, I am a fashion lover. However, I have days that my jeans won't button and my shirts show an ever present muffin top. It is on these days, that I rely on my trusty stilettos. I do not care what a woman wears, be it an empire waist or a turtleneck...pair it with killer stiletto heels and the outfit is rockin'.
There are also days (especially where we live now) that I feel like a balloon trapped inside a huge sweater, under a coat and a scarf and I think, "How can I leave the house looking this large?" It is then, that I put on my skinny jeans and neatly tuck the pant leg into my black leather 4" stiletto heel boots and venture out into the snow (or ice, which has been the case for much of this season).
My point is, stilettos always make me look better, feel taller and more in charge of my life. Please do not be fooled by the running part of my blog name. I despise running, but enjoy its symbolism in this case because I do believe when life gets tough and we want to crawl into our jammies and eat a gallon of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream...if we just put on our sexiest red heels and grab a glass of wine, or a great mojito, the problems will seem a little less cumbersome...or maybe it's just because my toes are shoved into tiny openings and I tend to shift my thoughts to the numbness that begins to set in.


Very cute! Luckily names can be repeated. That's the hard thing about making a new blog!
ReplyDeleteheyy there.. i'm a newbie to the blog world as well.. i'm still a lil confused on how to navigate through but i'm sure that comes with time... there are a lot of great girls on here! welcome and enjoy the s.n.o.w! :)
ReplyDeletewelcome to the blogging world! it's not as big as it looks :) you'll make friends quickly :)
ReplyDelete