Me: "You are kidding, right?"
She wasn't.
Reasons I am freaking out right now:
Bad hair day? Check!
Ate salty food last night? Check!
Worked out this morning w/ trainer and am still bloated? Check!
Started my period today, so I am extra bloated? Check!
Hadn't shaved legs this morning? Check!
Haven't had my hair cut in months? Check!
Haven't had my eyebrows waxed in way to long? Check!
Out of my favorite makeup powder? Check!
Wore a v-neck shirt yesterday and got a mosquito bite on the center of my chest? Check!
Aforementioned mosquito bite very visible in dress I am wearing? Check!
Bad (and I mean bad) hair day? Check!
Holy shit! Maybe I will have a heart attack before we go on air and my boss won't be able to use me!
Oh, and did I mention my boss is a body shape analysis and style expert and she is using me as as example? I hate my body shape and I definitely don't want it on freakin TV! This is why I went into a career of writing...so I could tell people what to say on TV from BEHIND THE SCENES!
I can hear my mother now, "I told you to always shave your legs, have your eyebrows waxed, etc...you never know who is going to see you and you don't want to ever be seen looking bad."
"But mama, I am never this ragged."
"Well, I guess you picked a bad day to let yourself go, didn't ya sweetie?"


How much fun! I'm sure you'll be great!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh I totally know those days! That sounds like what happens pretty much any time I get an emergency call from a customer and have worn jeans, a tank, and flops to work (which is usually fine). What are you going to be on, Show Me STL?
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you'll be fine! She wouldn't have asked you otherwise!
ReplyDeleteYou are going to be GREAT!!!
ReplyDeleteAhhh! Good luck! I sure hope you can post the video. I know you will do wonderfully!
ReplyDeletei can totally picture your mom saying that! damn our moms for always being right ;)
ReplyDeleteim sure you looked gorgeous! and congrats on such a fun project!
xoxo
Good luck on tv!!
ReplyDeleteI bet it all was great! I think you always look beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI hope the show went well!
ReplyDeleteOh boy, good luck girl! :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
ReplyDeleteAnd I sort of love your mom
How did I miss this post!? I'm ready for details! And what the heck do you do?
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you looked beautiful :-D
ReplyDeleteOh my!! I'm sure you look fabulous!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteIsn't this the way it always goes?!?!? I am sure you were terrific!
ReplyDelete