Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Selfish? Maybe. But I'm Not Ready to Be Pooped On!

NEWS FLASH: This woman has found reason #34287690 to fear having children! My cousin who is a very new mom just informed me that she must wear a "poop apron" to change her sons diaper because he "blasts" them with poop the minute you take his diaper off!

I think I just threw-up in my mouth just typing that!

Now, where is that anonymous person that called me selfish for all of my fears. Remember: fear of getting fat, fear of staying fat, fear of vomit, fear of sucking as a mom, etc...

Well, now you can add to it...FEAR OF BEING POOPED ON!

Call me selfish, but I am not ready to trade wine parties for projectile poop!

14 comments:

  1. ya.. pretty sure I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand what you are saying. I am not sure I'm ready to give up my no kids life for projectile poop either. My sister tells me I'll get over all of that when I have kids but I'm not so sure. It's okay to be selfish in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be scared too! I like wine parties much better than poop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ew!
    I gag when I have to change diapers of other kids, and people say "It is different when it's your own" YA RIGHT. Poop is poop. vomit is vomit.
    I hear you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please you are not selfish! It is more selfish to have children when you do not really want them/are not ready for them, and fail to parent properly. Part of being ready to parent, is to be ready to sacrifice everything for your children. If you can't do that, then it's not time for children!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah, you crack me up. I don't think it's selfish to have those concerns -- it's awareness of what you can and can't handle! I second what MG says!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, a poop apron! She could probably market that and become a millionaire :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha! i have never heard of a poop apron but ive heard of little boys that spray it everywhere including your mouth! ick!

    hope you had fun this past weekend. congrats on the victory!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ekkk!!!! Yeah that would not be a fun thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. girl. is it normal for a baby to 'blast' poop? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. First, I cannot believe that anyone would ever call you selfish...we were ALL afraid before we had kids...you just need to jump in one day. I know you will do it and I know you will be awesome!!!!
    Secondly, I only had one (of 3) kids who had this poop problem and he was allergic to his formula (actually all formulas (dairy, soy and wheat). So I would tell your friend that this is not normal and he might be allergic to something he is eating (or she is eating if breastfed). It took months for us to figure this out with Harry but it ended up being quite serious as he would not gain weight.

    I will tell you that one time I had to clean poop off a ceiling fan...it was that bad. And I gag easily:(

    ReplyDelete
  12. how about when they pee and you have your mouth open mid sentence and you get a mouth full of pee? yeah not wanting to deal with that hardly makes you selfish... sensible is more like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit just reading that! Ewww! i don't ever remember my son having projectile poop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a million fears associated with becoming a mother. If that is selfish, well then, I'm selfish too. I taught Kindergarten so poop doesn't scare me!

    ReplyDelete