Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To...

That's right lovely ladies, I am having a big ol' pity party right here on my couch!

I was recently given the infamous Neno's Award by two fab bloggers The Rest Is Still Unwritten (who just got a gorgeous new blog design from Casey) and That's Classy!

The purpose of this award is to tell all of y'all why I love blogging. So as I sit here, alone, waiting for my husband to get home from a really late meeting...I thought I'd divulge my reason for boring y'all with my daily musings...

I hope you can handle the truth because it is a really really sad truth (but one I have come to accept)...

I blog because I have no friends in this damn city and I have diarrhea of the mouth and need to let it out. And since I don't have anyone here I really hang out with (except one dear friend who lives way on the other said of town)...I must unload on you sweet ladies. 

I need to babble, rant and rave, crack myself up, and share fashion secrets with someone and since Mr. Marine can only handle so much of me, I had to find another outlet. Bwahahahaa lucky you!

Mr. Marine fondly refers to each of you as my "imaginary friend" and sadly, he is on to something! Though, in my defense, you are not imaginary because I see pics of y'all and I get to read your funny stories too...and you comment back to me!

So thank you...for being such wonderful imaginary friends. You are the best!

Now...for people who don't blog for pathetic reasons...tell us what brought you here to this bloggy world... I tag all of you (I know, that's the easy way out, but I really want to pass the love around on this sad, lonely, loveless night...)

Ok...I'm not quite that bad...well, sorta...nevermind!

15 comments:

  1. I blog pretty much for the same reason, so your def. not alone in that! I do love your blog :-) It's always fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband calls you girls my imaginary friends, too. I told him we have group emails on facebook and he just groaned.

    I blog because I knew that this year would be crazy and I needed an outlet to process it all and document it all. I love the connections I have made and am constantly awed and inspired by so many people I have "met" through this that I can't fathom not having my blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is so hilarious how all our fam members who know we blog give us that "look" when we talk about our blog friends. I am pretty sure at my age this might be evidence to some that I am ready for the old folks home ;-) haha. I love it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... I think that is sweet. I have noticed finding and KEEPING good friends is rather difficult. I think blogging is a great form of self expression! You just let it out. If people didn't like or VALIDATE (more importantly) what you had to say than why on earth would you have 93+ follower, AKA "imaginary friends"???

    My husband once told me that a blog is just a VERY public diary. I believe that! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog and enjoyed reading it.
    I hope you will stop by and visit me. The May give away has started....and next week I will be blogging from Disney World.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound like me! I have no friends here in Italy and it really sucks, I consider all of you girls to be friends, even though I'm not sure the hubs gets it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh sweeitie I am so right there with u. Since Mr. had knee surgery we are stuck here and everyone we're friends w/ have left. I just talked to Mr. about this the other night, and he doesn't understand it. I can't wait till we move and I hope that I can get friends again. I'm so sad that we didn't get to meet up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right there with you, girl! I started my blog a few months after we moved to Indy. Working from home put a huge damper on my ability to make friends in this new place.

    My husband rolls his eyes every time I mention my 'blog friends'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hubby thinks I am completly crazy for spending time on here reading and ranting. But I am to shy to just go out and make a bunch of friends!
    I'm still new to this whole thing, but it is a really good outlet for me to rant rave and wallow in my own self pity

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've developed a small group of friends here in AK so far but i always feel like our blogging circle is my true outlet for my venting/every day life things. I feel like we all understand each other the best haha! We love being here for you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I blog pretty much for the same reasons as you. I only know a few people in town and half them are not cool lol.

    I love hearing your funny stories and whenever you vent...I will totally comment and be there for you because everyone does the same thing for me!!! Don't be sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't feel bad at all, I blog for partly the same reason. I've lived in Austin since August and do not know anyone aside from my 3 coworkers (1 is 27 but crazy just got arrested for a DUI she totaled her car nothing in common with her at all, the others are 43 and 59 yea.... My boss is 30) It is a big change from New Orleans, I was in a sorority and in college graduated like 2 weeks before moving to Austin. I had tons of friends there. I love Austin it is an awesome city but there is only so much that boyfriend & I can do alone...I'm lonely here :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. To be honest. This is the very reason I started blogging. I was living in Louisiana and didn't know anyone. I continued because I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. d.a.r.'s comment made me die laughing :)

    Don't feel bad. Matt thinks it all is weird but is glad that I've "met" some great/supportive people in the blogging world.

    I blog because despite having a handful of friends up here in DC, I have many, many more that aren't here and wanted them to be able to stay somewhat in touch with what I'm up to.

    I doubt that my hubby will read it, but I thought it might be a nice record of my day-to-day musings when he gets back..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have some friends but not one's I see or hang out with only a daily/weekly/even monthly basis..like you the love of my life can only take so much of my ramblings..Big Man likes that I have some where to let off steam besides on him..and he thinks it's hilarious when i talk about my bloggy friends like their my IRL friends.

    I also fell into blogging because I wanted a memory of my life...like a daily scrapbook. :)

    ReplyDelete