Dear J. Crew,
What do you think qualifies you to charge the same prices for your shoes that high quality designers, such as Stuart Weitzman, charge for some of their art pieces...err...shoes?
To be honest, that is a major difference in my mind. When I buy Mr. Weitzman's shoes, I am purchasing a piece of his soul. Something he has created out of that mind-boggling brain that gets my heart pounding every time I pass his creations in a store.
You on the other hand have mass production of a rather simple shoe with an added bow or rosette here and there, yet you charge 200+ dollars for these shoes I will see on every woman between here and...well, everywhere.
Just asking. Don't you think you should focus on Gap pricing or Banana Republic pricing (though they are getting a bit cocky about their shoes too)?
Sincerely,
An Irritated Shoe Lover
Currently Crushing On.
4 hours ago


Amen sister! I bought a pair of Banana shoes about 4 years ago for $30 on sale from $60 and I love them...but like you said, nothing special. Now you go into the store, same nothing special shoe and Bam! $179 for a boring but nice shoe. No red sole, not a Choo...just a shoe.
ReplyDeleteI agree! The same thing is going on with Steve Madden!
ReplyDeleteHey, thank you so much for your sweet words to Liz and David. It means so much to all of us that you, and others care! Liz can not respond back. It's a Walter Reed thing.
ReplyDeleteI'm her Mommie... My best to you and yours and thank you and hubby for your service to our wonderful country!
I totally agree!! I'm a JCrew lover, but when they jack up all their prices like that it urks me to the core! I refuse to buy things that are overpriced for a mass chain!
ReplyDeleteCompletely agree! Their shoe prices are ridiculous!
ReplyDeleteCan we talk about the insanity that is their wedding gowns? I thought that J. Crew would be my backup in case I couldn't find a dress I liked that didn't cost $10,000. Well they've started jacking up the prices now. Same dress 6 months ago cost $300, now it's $450. wtf? Did they line the thing with silk hand-collected from endangered silk worms? Looks like someone is getting a little to big for their britches.
ReplyDeleteTotally agree!!
ReplyDeleteCute blog, love the MM quote.
Oh I absolutely agree with you. And it's not just the shoes.
ReplyDeleteOMG! I could NOT agree MORE! I love their shoes, but I think they are getting a little full of themselves.
ReplyDeleteI SO AGREE. I usually wait until they go on sale :D hehehe. That's officially how I stick it to "the Man" haha.
ReplyDeleteThanks for saying so! I completely agree!
ReplyDelete