I am "home" even if just for a short while.
I am going to try and explain my love for the Republic Of Texas but truthfully, unless you are from here...you won't understand.
I love the South, as my family is from Georgia, but I feel at peace when I see the flag with one Lone Star flying high above the city's most beautiful buildings.
I get a giddy attitude when I hear the radio announcer tell me which country star will be appearing at my local honky-tonk bar.
I can not possibly explain my love for this state and its people. They are down-home and respectable people (though they are the meanest drivers I have ever shared the road with.)
My mind and soul are at peace in this place.
I even love it enough that I didn't complain when I sat in Houston traffic for 3 hours today (to go 10 miles...because the roadwork had the freeway down to 1 lane...when everyone was trying to get to the beach on an 80 degree Saturday.)
I will post pics when I get back to my current state (notice...not my home.) It is so hard as a military spouse because we don't really have "homes" anymore since we move when and where we are directed.
However, they say home is where the heart is and my heart will always hum the tune "Deep In The Heart Of Texas."
P.S. I know all you Texans just clapped your hands to the aforementioned tune :)


I totally clapped! Man, I miss that place. For me, Texas will always be home. Last time I went home, when the plane got low enough over Houston I saw an HEB and started crying! I can't imagine what it will be like this summer, I haven't been home in a year! Eat some Taco C for me, okay?
ReplyDeleteWaaaiiitt...I was just looking at my site tracker. Are you from Friendswood?
ReplyDeleteAmen sister!! It is always so funny to me to talk with other military folk who can't decide where they are going to settle when they get out. I'm like, well what state are you from? And they'll say something like, "Oh, I'm from Colorado, but I'd like to try somewhere else..." NOBODY from Texas EVER says that :) We are all like, "GET ME BACK TO TEXAS ASAP." Miss it SO much!
ReplyDeleteAw! Love TX... I am thinking of moving there.
ReplyDeleteWhere do you reside now?
ReplyDeleteYay! It's so good to have you back.. even if it's only for a little while! I hope you have fun! :)
ReplyDeleteTexas is a great place, but not so much Houston traffic lol, I hate having to drive through it to go see my family in Louisiana!
ReplyDeleteI left you something on my blog :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I found your blog! It's so cute and I love that your "home" is in Texas!! I live in Houston and love it here, although the traffic is pretty horrible. Oh and Mr. Marine sounds like a sweetie and a great cook! Lucky girl :)
ReplyDeleteWhen someone asks me on an airplane (I'm a flight attendant) where I am from I get a dreamy look in my eye and gush with all my might about Texas! I myself was a navy brat but we settled down here about thirteen years ago. I just can't explain how special this place is and each time I'm in Minnesota (where I work) I just can't wait to come back. : )
ReplyDeleteBrandi