
The time has finally arrived! Mr. Marine and I are heading out on the open road towards my other home...St. Simon's Island!
We haven't been home to the in-laws since we moved and it has been way to long. I can't wait to put my toes in the water, and sit under one of the beautiful oak tress and sip on a nice cold authentic glass of sweet tea! Many would argue the beach is the best feature of this island, I prefer the moss hanging in the trees, the quiet back roads and the endless marshland off my in-laws backyard. I can't wait!
But even more exciting are the friends we get to see along the way.
First stop...Athens GA.
Here we will stay with a very dear friend of mine who happens to be in love with a very dear friend of Mr. Marine. We met under the oddest of circumstances, but have become very good friends and since she happens to love a Marine too...we may very well be living in the same place one day.
Athens will of course consist of boutique shopping for me, and nostalgia for Mr. Marine. He will reminisce about the good ol' days and for a day, he will forget that he is a grown man and will resort back to hard-drinking frat boy days! Booo hiss for me, but at least I can skip out and go enjoy a drink with my friend.
Next stop...SSI
There will be family, friends, watching The Master's, eating lots of fresh seafood. We purposefully picked April instead of May so we can eat tons of oysters! Easter Mass will be in the church Mr. Marine and I got married in, so it is always nice to remember that day each time I enter the church again.
Next stop...ATL
We are stopping here on our way back "home" to MO. We will be staying with some friends in their new home. The guy is Mr. Marine's buddy. They met at OCS and they both went to UGA. He was deployed to the same part of Iraq, so him and Mr. Marine spent a few nights watching UGA football with non-alcoholic beers in hand. The wife became a very good friend of mine. She and I are already planning to go boutique shopping, while the 2 Marines talk about the upcoming UGA football season, play golf and drink...
Final stop...
don't even want to think about it...not gonna think about it...
I'll be posting, maybe...but if not y'all will get a full report come next Monday!
Happy Easter!


Have a great Easter!!! It sounds like your trip is going to be great! Enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great trip! Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great trip, be safe and have fun!
ReplyDeleteYa'll have fun!!!
ReplyDeleteHave fun!! Sounds like a good time!
ReplyDeleteHave a great Easter trip!
ReplyDeleteOooh i am so jealous! I miss livin' in Georgia!
ReplyDeleteHave fun!!
ReplyDeleteAwww have lots of fun!!
ReplyDeletehave so much fun in GA!! You're here at just the right time to see the azaela's blooming!!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how this post got lost in my reader! I hope you have a wonderful trip!
ReplyDeleteI remember my first (and only) visit to Athens for a family wedding. I must say I was overwhelmed with all of the Dawg memorabilia and the feeling must be similar to what a Dawg fan goes through in Gainesville!
Hope ya'll had a super trip and can't wait to hear all about it- sounds simply divine!
ReplyDeleteWow, it sounds like you are going to have quite a trip...have fun!!
ReplyDeleteHope you guys had a fabulous time. I miss Georgia!
ReplyDelete