Sunday, April 26, 2009

"You NEVER back up...NEVER!"

I clearly need to teach my husband some lessons in the do's and don'ts  of parking war!

As we pull into the Nordstrom parking lot, I spy a primo spot...first row, first spot! I yell to Mr. Marine, "Right there, hurry!!!!"

He turns his blinker on and waits for the woman to back out. 

Meanwhile, there is a car that has driven past the spot and looks to be waiting for another spot. Then Mr. Marine says, "Oh, I think that person is going to back into this spot."

"Too bad." says the experienced parking war wife.

So, right before my eyes and against my screaming obscenities, Mr. Marine BACKS UP!!!!

The person then backs up, whips straight into the spot and we were just left to watch and rejoin the parking wars!

I just looked at him with fire in my eyes and calmly say, "Babe, You NEVER back up in the Nordstrom parking lot! NEVER EVER! If someone drives past a spot, that's their problem...but you NEVER back up!"

Mr. Marine just isn't cut out for the vicious shopping world. That's better left to us with experience. 

Lesson learned: I'll be driving next time!

14 comments:

  1. That is so true!!! We used to have to fight for spots at Auburn, so I learned all these tricks, which come in handy during busy shopping times, like Christmas & warm weather Saturdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this is VERY true!! I guess he learned his lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All is fair in the parking lot. Like you said, if someone drives by, they don't get to back up. Same goes for those people who just kinda sit there, like they're waiting for a spot, but they appear to be in no hurry...I say if you can squeeze into the spot they may or may not be waiting for before them...you win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame on him! I hope he's learned his lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! That cracks me up! I can't stand to hunt for a parking space, so I just park in the first spot available, even if I have to walk a mile. My husband, however, is a little more aggressive and he would agree with you 100%! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I was laughing out loud when I read this. Men just don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This had me cracking up...parking should be left to professionals..lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha, so ture! men just dont understand : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband is such a "better" driver than me -- by better I mean he is safer. I, however, get there faster, am skilled in the art of dodging my way through traffic and most importantly, stalking parking spots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is TOOOO funny!!

    P.S. Us "communications" majors gotta stick together!!!

    Love your blog btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could not agree with you more! Mine would never hear the end of it if he had backed up!

    ReplyDelete