Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mild Panic Attacks and 1 Marvelous Marine Makes for a Very Happy Mrs.

I am back from Texas (shedding tears as I type this) but I am excited to be home with my doggie and Mr. Marine. 

I thought I'd fill my favorite readers in on how I spent my Valentine's Day. First, Mr. Marine had to go help recruit other little Mr. Marines so I tagged along and spent the morning shopping in Target (always a fave of mine). After he was done working, and I was done shopping, we headed to Fast Eddie's...an awesome biker-bar...for some delicious shrimp and burgers (and beer of course).

Well, unfortunately we had to stop by the grocery store on the way home and the following episode occurred...

First, let me explain a bit about your shoe-loving blogger...I am a worrier to a fault. I am Type-A, and it is not a good thing. I freak out when I feel out of control. But I have full-blown panic attacks if I feel out of control in an already uncomfortable situation. For example, give me a Nordstrom 3 days before Christmas and I will navigate it like the pro I am. Now, put me in a base commissary around payday and I will breakdown and crumble into a ball by the frozen peas. 

Such was the case on V-day. We stopped by the commissary for a few things, kids began screaming and running around, I was dodging carts and the panic began. I had a racing heart, anxious eyes and the look Mr. Marine knows all too well. So he left me by the fresh seafood, ran and gathered what we needed and we managed to escape before the tears arrived. 

Now that you know I survived the mild panic attack, I am going to make you jealous. Very Very Jealous. 

After we got home, Mr. Marine worked his magic (which led to my own bit of magic later!) He opened our bottle of Dingac wine we had been saving since our trip to Croatia and he served me this...



Mr. Marine cooked me Rack of Lamb encrusted in dijon mustard and breadcrumbs, topped with a shiitake mushroom and rosemary demi-glaze. This was accompanied by roasted garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus!

Yes...I am one very lucky lady!





6 comments:

  1. Lucky girl!!!!

    AND I SO know what you mean about being a Type A personality. I've had to leave Walmart on numerous occasions just out of fear of losing my mind right there in the food section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm that sounds delicious..you are a lucky lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds wonderful & how sweet that your hubby took such good care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I wish AK could cook like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very lucky lady indeed. i want a man to make me lamb, yummy

    ReplyDelete