I am one homesick little puppy dog!
I went back home to Texas on Friday and spent the weekend in the hill country with my family. The weather was beautiful. Family is great. The drive from Houston to Boerne was so relaxing. I just love the open fields, filled with Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush. I get a warm feeling in my soul as I drive past a pasture of longhorns.
I swear, as I sat on the patio with a glass of wine, I really contemplated calling Mr. Marine and telling him I was going to stay in Texas and we could commute on weekends.
Ok, I did more than contemplate. I actually said that to him...but he didn't really like the idea. So here I am, back in freakin' Missouri.
I cried like a kid when I had to leave yesterday. I sat with my mom and bawled while mumbling, "I love my husband more than anything, but I hate that I can't live here."
Anyways, I am done now! Going home brings me such peace, but it's bittersweet because it always makes me dread going back to my faux home.
Tomorrow will be a happier post. Promise!
Mr. Marine and I are packing up the dog and heading to the Golden Isles of Georgia this weekend. Yay for seeing the in-laws (and my parents are meeting us there). Yay!


Aww, I'm so glad you had a great trip home. It's hard being away. I'm from Texas and my husband's job has us in Mississippi...I actually am commuting on the weekends though. That's even harder, trust me. Glad you enjoyed your time and glad you get to see them again so soon!
ReplyDeleteIdk if I could live anywhere else! Texas has my heart. I'm the same way...I love seeing the bluebonnets and the hill country is SO relaxing. Well maybe one day yall can end up here at Ft Hood :) I will say a little prayer hehe.
ReplyDeleteOh I'm in love with Georgia!! Have fun dollface!
ReplyDeleteThe things we do for love! I get incredibly homesick if I don't make it home every 3 months or so. I take comfort in the idea that maybe we can move back someday. In the meantime, I try to bring a little bit of home to the plains - hosting guests, making my mom' signature dishes, etc.
ReplyDeleteHave fun in Georgia!
I miss Florida SO MUCH. I'm flying home for the last Sat/Sunday of April. It may be a short trip, but I just need to recharge the batteries with the fam. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sad that you're away from the place you love!
Hi! I've been on your blog before but have never commented but I read your post today and could totally relate and wanted to tell you your not alone!! I too miss my home very much and I've only been away from it for three months:p I get the same feelings that you talked about and it sucks when it comes time to say goodbye once again:( I hope you guys get to move back there at some point though:) Have fun in Georgia! That is where we are stationed...Ft.Benning/Columbus,GA...Where is this that your going exactly? Robert and I are always trying to find fun stuff to do...
ReplyDeleteThe Hill Country is one of my favorite places in Texas. I love every town that makes it up. I live in TX and everytime I visit there I want to move. (I'm always asking J.R. to get a job down there!!) Have a great weekend!!
ReplyDeleteGirl, I can't tell you how many times I've tried to come up with a scenario that would let ME live in Houston and Paul live..well...wherever the Army tells him to :) heehee!
ReplyDeleteSo I came across your blog and I can really relate to it. I'm dating someone who's in the army. I'm getting ready to move to another state with him once his deployment is over and the thought of not getting to see my family hurts my heart. I can completely sympathize with you. I hope you have fun on your trip though!
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog and read your post. It's always nice to be able to see your family, but sad to leave...especially when they live in a place that you like so much more.
ReplyDeleteLeaving home is so hard, even when you love the place you're currently at! Have a good trip :)
ReplyDeleteOh I am so sorry! You poor sweet thing! I know how you feel though. I say the same thing to my husband when I go for a visit. I tell him I may just not come back! HA! :D Enjoy your visit here. I hope the weather warms up for you a little bit! I am actually running my heat right now! Boo! :D
ReplyDeleteI was just out surfing blogs and stumbled up on yours. How sweet that you were able to go home, and I wish you safe travels to Georgia.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and Thanks to you and your husband for your selfless service to this great country!