Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Mr. Marine

Happy birthday to the man of my dreams. Though we have known one another since we met that fateful summer 12 years ago, I never dreamt I would share my life with you. I gave up on you, just in time for you to decide I was the woman you had let slip away. I never thought I'd lead the life of a loving Marine wife...In fact, I still can't believe I got roped into this life :) 

I am so proud of you and the love you have for both me and this great nation. I always joke that the USMC is your wife, I am simply the mistress...but I support you and am happy you chose me to be your sidekick. Very few people find their true passion in life, and you have found yours and I am envious. 

You make me smile when I am furious and want nothing more than to punch you. You make me waffles on Sunday mornings. You know just when to grab my hand and help me get through something I am determined to do alone. You bring me wine, or meet me on the porch steps with a margarita after I have had a long day. You guide me when I feel lost. You keep me on my toes. You always remind me that I can't control everything, and that's ok. You have taught me to be more understanding when things aren't going my way. You have taught me patience. 

Most importantly, you have taught me that with love...we can survive anything.

I hope you enjoy your surprise. You deserve the best. However, my 30th birthday is Oct 30, 2010...so you better start planning!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Hope you two are enjoying a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet tribute! Happy birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post! Happy Birthday to your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday and a lovely post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a great post! Have a great Birthday Mr. Marine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHAHAAH, he BETTER start planning after hearing about what you have in store! I cannot wait to hear what he has to say about all of it! :)

    Such a sweet post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute post! Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great post!

    Happy Birthday, Mr. Marine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha. So sweet! And I love the little reminder at the end!!

    ReplyDelete