I am really beginning to get pissed! I have been to you twice now concerning my thyroid, and you are blowing me off every.damn.time. I know I am not obese. I know I am only 12 or so pounds over where I'd like to be.
That is not my only issue, nor should it be yours.
I have been telling you about the following things (also known as symptoms of hypothyroidism) for the last year:
1. Dry/Coarse Hair (my hair has always been healthy, until the past 2 years)
2. Fatigue (I can't get enough sleep)
3. Sleeplessness (I haven't had a solid nights sleep in ages)
4. Cold Intolerance (I am wearing my North Face fleece in 70 degree weather, and still shivering)
5. Muscle Cramps (ummm, pain in the middle of the night)
6. Hair Loss (so I am not bald, but I could have donated all the hair in my shower drain and created a wig for a small baby)
7. Irritability/ Depression (I have a nervous breakdown or sob fest at least once a week)
8. Weight Gain/Difficulty Losing Weight (heeellllllooooo...I am a cardiologists dream patient with my eating habits and workout patterns and I haven't so much as shed an ounce)
9. Low Body Temp (my normal body temp is never over 98.5)
10. Family History (every female in my family has thyroid problems)
But you just throw all these symptoms out the window because my tests are "low normal"... If it's low...it's not normal.
I'm tired of feeling like crap. I don't even look like myself anymore. My hair sucks. My eyes are puffy (another symptom). My skin has a yellowish tint (I'm not a baby with jaundice you moron...that's a symptom of hypothyroidism). Do your damn research!
So, because you suck at your job, I have to go find an endocrinologist.
If I can find all this info by speaking with other docs, patients, and researchers...what the heck is your problem?
Regards,
Your Frustrated Patient


I love your new blog design. It looks wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHopefully, you will get your medical issues straightened out.
I had to laugh at the things you love post. Your hubby, Nordys, and alcohol! Ha! Sounds like a good day! But don't tell my hubby! :D
Your new design is wonderful & I especially love the Marilyn quote at the top!
ReplyDeleteI hope you'll be able to get the treatment you need. It sucks to know that something is wrong, but not have someone help you treat it.
I also really loved your love post - especially the part about sitting in the backyard drinking margaritas. I would have been your friend in Jacksonville if I'd known you then. :)
wow that is irritating. I HATE it when doctors blow you off :(
ReplyDeleteget a second opinion!!
Ugh awful!!! Can you get a new doc? I hope you get some answers soon, that would bug the crap out of me!
ReplyDeleteUgh I am so sorry you are going through this. I've had so many of the same issues with doctors for my fibromyalgia. I started to feel like I was going crazy, and it made everything even worse. I ended up seeing an accupuncture/herbologist once a week, and he has been the absolute biggest blessing. Someone else I know was having the same issues with her doctor, and she ended up seeing a homeopathic doctor who has helped her a lot. Not sure if your up for that kind of thing, but it could definitely be worth a try! I'll be praying for ya!
ReplyDeleteMy thyroid died several years ago but it took a year to figure it out. I had always had a lower count but not all doctors see that as a problem. Well, its now been alittle over 2 years since we found out and I have been on medication. And I still daily fight with the symptoms. And I am having the hardest time taking off the 50lb of weight I gained!!! It is so annoying!! Try seeing your "girl" doctor and see if they say something different.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about that. Good for you for fighting for your health though. I think too many people feel iffy about things in their body and do not get it checked out. My dad did the same thing about some bowel issues and waited and waited and waited (2 years) before finally seeing someone and getting a colonoscopy. Turned out to be colon cancer. Goody. He's doing fine now, two years later, but it goes to show, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!
ReplyDeleteBecause of that, I say good for you! Good luck.
First: I hope you can get some good medical help..thats BS that he's blowing you off
ReplyDeleteSecond: I love your new layout..it is very cute.
I love your new header. I am sorry this is happening to you. Your doctor is probably stuck in a rut - I hate doctors like that. I'm in medical school, so its horrible to see doctors that are in practice that don't know something they should. Many people can have symptoms of hypothyroidism even when their T3/T4 levels are on the lower end of normal. The "normal" range is really just an average. I'd find a doctor who is more receptive to your symptoms.
ReplyDeleteJust came across your blog! I know how freaking frustrating it can be going to go to doctors who don't know what they are talking about! The first 4 months of living overseas I was sick ALL of the time. They thought I had thyroid disease, but tests came back negative. I finally am feeling a little more normal, but they never did find out what was wrong. I think its awesome that you did your own research! and I hope you can find a better doctor that will help you!!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog by the way, hope you don't mind me following along ;)
I would definitely find another doctor or more specifically an endocrinologist. That doctor sounds like a quack. Great job being your own advocate. I hope you figure things out.
ReplyDeleteSorry you are going through that. Hopefully this new doctor can better help you!
ReplyDeletebtw..I love your new blog design!
I practice medicine and I still feel for ya! Ask the endocrinologist when you see him about metabolic syndrome. Sounds like that may be your problem!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is crazy. I hope you find a new doctor that can diagnose you correctly. I just found your blog and I think it is adorable!! I'll be coming back. ;)
ReplyDeleteWell, since you are married to the military, I will assume you use a military treatment facility. When you go back, just tell your primary care provider you would like a referral to an endocrinologist. Make certain you follow-up with tri-care if you are going on the economy so you find someone who accepts your insurance for little to no co-pay. I, too, am having some of the very same symptoms as you and all of my tests, so far, are low-normal- FRUSTRATING!! Keep us posted!
ReplyDeletegirl! i just diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 4 months ago...it has led to other things which im still trying to find. but im seeing an endocrinologist. id be happy to answer any questions you might have.
ReplyDeleteps. whats your TSH number? they say the range is 0.46-4.5 but if you press them it should be under 1.0 for optimum thyroid function. my acupuncturist was the first to tell me that. you might wanna give that a shot too :)