Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Umm, what happened to aging gracefully?

This pic was taken, along with several others, while Mr. Marine was deployed. 

The traditional gift for the first anniversary is paper...so I had pics taken by a friend and made into a book "for his eyes only." (this pic has been altered from the original)

We (my fellow Marine wives) joked that we would get these done b/c as we got older (think 20 years down the road) we'd look back on them fondly at "what we used to look like."

I just didn't think that much would change by our 3rd anniversary!

We are fast approaching year #3 and I only wish I still rocked that look...

12 comments:

  1. As a two-time Florida graduate, I have to say:

    GO GATORS! :)

    Seriously, great idea. I've been debating about getting pictures like this done, but I hadn't considered doing it with Gator gear. LOVE it, and btw you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful :)

    I bet he was super excited for that anniversary gift, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Great idea I'm sure he loved it and still does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to laugh. (Kind laughter, definitely not mocking or making fun! :D) As a wife who is 21 years down that road, you may look different in your own eyes, but you are STUNNING! I hope you find some good in those little differences! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and let me just throw in a War Eagle! (Even though GA has killed us in the last few years!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're beautiful! You don't have to worry about aging well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea! I'm sure he loved it!! You look HOT and I'm sure you haven't changed that much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually did something similar for Mr.'s birthday that was right after our wedding. He was totally shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cute idea! Gorgeous pic by the way. I'm sure your honey loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look HOT! And i'm sure you're just as beautiful today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have been married for almost six years and I have always secretly wanted to take some tasteful 'less than fully clothed' pictures for my husband, but I haven't quite worked up the nerve. Seeing as how I will be 28 next month, I better make up my mind soon before things start looking not quite as good as they do now!
    Oh, and 'Go Vols!'

    ReplyDelete