Some of my loyal readers will remember that I do some marketing work for an elite personal training facility. Well, with that comes the perks of free workouts, classes, etc... However, most importantly, the owner (who is a genius) offered to perform one of her highly touted assessments on me.
I will go into all this entails in a future post. In short, it is a very extensive evaluation of my current abilities, my bone structure, a postural analysis and cardiovascular evaluation.
I had significant improvement in my strength and overall muscle. It did confirm our suspicions about my inability to shed weight around my mid-section, despite grueling workouts that should have reaped results. But I am working on getting that doctor appointment.
Now, on to the embarrassing part of my assessment. I had to run, at an incline, as far as I could in 12 minutes.
Easy, right?
Wrong!
I am not a runner. And when I say "not a runner" I mean 2 miles is the struggle of a lifetime for me. My back gets out of whack, my bad ankle starts being stupid. My shoulders tense up so much I can't move the next day. Yeah...not pretty.
That being said, I can do a fairly decent 12 minute run/jog. So, I wasn't too worried.
See the picture of the beautiful woman below?

This wasn't me...
No, I was the woman who got shin splints so bad, around half a mile, that my boss had to come help me off the treadmill.
There I lay, on the fitness studio floor, crying out every time my boss touched my shins! They cramped and burned so bad that my legs and feet went numb. So as our Master Trainer is rubbing my shins to get the blood moving better, I am crying/screaming/moaning on the ground!
Humbling experience...really!
Now I am going to pout...

My friend just had a baby. So why am I pouting?
No, not cause I am envious.
I am pouting because I found out the baby came early because I logged on to Facebook.
She isn't my best friend, but we are very close. I know she is swamped, but time to update Facebook is enough time to send out a quick mass email. I'm not saying she should email just me...I'm fine being listed in a mass email.
But Facebook?
So along with the 500 other congrats, I sent mine...on Facebook.
Now, I am going to do as I was taught by my mother and send a REAL AUTHENTIC card...the kind you open with your hands and not the mouse.
I guess I'm traditional like that.
* Update: My girlfriend sent me a super sweet email about her newest addition. She is super swamped (as expected) and the big sister is keeping her busy as well. She wants to be around the baby all the time...
Now I have to go get my signature gift. It is something I give all my friends when they have a little girl!
Nordy's here I come!!!


You are too funny!
ReplyDelete"Well .. that wasn't me."
You can do it though! Baby steps. If not running, maybe pilates or yoga??
Oh girl, I feel you... around a mile I'm panting like a dog on a summers day and it's all I can do to get one foot in front of the other. I am NOT a runner :)
ReplyDeleteDon't beat yourself up too much -- inclines are a pain in the butt. Also, being a "southern" girl (I don't really consider Florida a southern state as it is all relocated northerners), I've picked up on quite a few rules of etiquette, and announcing a baby on FB is most certainly breaking a few. sigh.
ReplyDeleteshin splints suck...I consider myself pretty athletic and I still get them. Painful and annoying!
ReplyDeleteI'm also really curious what your doctor will say about not being able to shed weight off your mid section - are their any solutions?!! I have the same damn problem
I'm the same way as you with running, it's such a struggle. I'm amazed at how others at the the gym seem to be able to run endlessly on the treadmill.
ReplyDeleteAs for Facebook, I like it, but would not like finding out life altering events through a status. Hopefully your friend will be able to get in touch with you soon!
It's definitely not your fault about the shin splits. So don't feel bad! (Although I know it's easier said that done...)
ReplyDeleteI think I'm traditional, too, because I love getting real mail! (But e-mail is ok, too.)
Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! What part of Texas are you from? We are moving to San Antonio, going to Randolph AFB! Anything I should know about Texas before I get there?
ReplyDeleteOh no your poor shins!!! Take it easy these next few days!!
ReplyDeleteDo we get to know what you buy at Nordys? =)
Look. Here I am. Making a comment. Please stop hitting me. Like the new look. Very cute!
ReplyDeleteOh your poor shins!! Take care of yourself!
ReplyDelete