Monday, March 2, 2009

If Vehicles Could Talk

If cars could talk - mine would be SCREAMING at me right now.
Rosy (my lovely SUV) has had a bit of a stench lately. Ok, a really really bad stench. I haven't been able to find it and should have taken her to the carwash and shampooed her rugs...but I didn't. I suffered through the smell by putting the windows down in 20 degree weather!
I was convinced that the interior got wet, back when it was snowing a lot and we still had the sleds in the back of the car. So I - Mr. Marine rather - took the sleds out...But it STILL STUNK!!!
Well, now I know why!
We went camping last summer and did a little float trip down the river. By the way, I love float trips but I hate camping. Camping is staying in a Holiday Inn...but that's all for another post.
So after our float trip, my bathing suit and shorts were wet so I changed in the back of Rosy and drove home. We unpacked the car - but we forgot something - MY WET BATHING SUIT!
Uuughhh!!!! And it was still wet when I found it yesterday - rolled up in a ball all filled with stink!!!!!
Out came Febreeze. Down came the windows. Out went the wet bathing suit.
Out went the stench!
Now for the terrible news. It was one of my favorite suits so I wanted to try and salvage it by giving it a few hundred washes..I saw it this morning - Still wet and still laying on our porch!
What is my problem? I am so lazy when it comes to laundry!

6 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! So something I would do:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! It is funny, though, that the smell was so bad you drove around with the windows open freezing to death but still didn't tear the car apart looking for the smell! :D My thing is things rolling around in my car. It drives me crazy, but I am just too darn lazy to actually track it down! :D Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! the other day my boyfriend came home and said baby something DIED in your car! i think it was just because i hadn't cleaned it out in so long- there were fast food bags and all kinds of other junk :)
    stiiiinky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer! That's why camping should only be done where there is running water, toilets, and room service!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no!! At least you found the smell though! I'm lazy when it comes to laundry as well. You aren't the only one girl!

    ReplyDelete