Wednesday, March 11, 2009

You asked, I answered - Round 1

Alrighty - Y'all asked and now I'm answering!

Q: If I could only help one charity in the world, what would it be and why?
Tough one because heart health and cancer are very personal to me. But I feel like they are making great strides in these areas. So I would choose the Alzheimer's Association. This disease is so devastating. When I have the strength and the heart to discuss why, I will post more about it. But for right now, that response will have to do.

Q: Did I ever think I'd be a military wife?
Not only No, but hell No! I told Mr. Marine that we would never be together after he joined the USMC. I was not going to be a military spouse, and certainly not a Marine wife. I am proud of what these men and women do, but I am about stability and this life is anything but stable. I have a love/hate relationship with it still. There's such camaraderie but I miss my family and friends. I hate moving and I miss my husband. But the thing I struggle with most is being so proud of what he (and I) do for this country, but knowing I am not always happy.

Q: If we could travel anywhere, expenses paid, where would we go?
 Maybe Thailand or Vietnam. But then again, the Euro is killing the dollar right now, so maybe Italy (since it's free and all).

Q: What is the stupidest thing I argue with my husband about?
I'm laughing just thinking about it, but it is an argument every time. When he has too much to drink, he thinks he wants to stay up and watch TV. Really, he's going to turn the TV on and then pass out on the couch till 3am. So he won't go to bed with me. Then when we wakes up at 3am, he stumbles into our room, wakes me up and starts snoring...so then I can't go back to sleep. It irritates me to no end!

Q: What is my current job?
 The million dollar question! After moving here, I wasn't able to find a job. I was offered a great sales job, then the economy went bad and they had to take back the offer since they were going to start laying people off. So, I work on a contract basis for a boutique and a personal training studio. I assist with their marketing plans, event production, etc.. I just don't make the money I'd make at a large company...but I have blast with the people I work for.

Q: What is my favorite memory?
 My wedding day was amazing and will always bring a tear of joy to my eye. But the memory that still takes my breath away is the moment Mr. Marine stepped off that bus after he got back from Iraq. 

The moment I ran into his arms and he swung me around is one I will remember forever. The feeling of seeing my husband, after not knowing if I'd ever see him again, still gets me choked-up. 

Q: What would be my pick for an overseas duty station?
 Honestly, I'd like to be stationed in Texas (that's another country, right?) No, I'd love to be stationed in Japan for a year. But since we can't go for just a year, I'd like to stay in the states. My dad isn't doing well and my mom has a lot to handle. I need this time around my family, so overseas isn't something I'm hoping for to much. 

Q: If I could be on any reality TV show, what would it be and why?
 The City. I love DVF clothing, Whitney has an awesome job and an awesome condo. I'd want to be her roomie and get discounts DVF clothes!

Q: What is my favorite thing about Texas?
 Oh nooooo...just one thing? The "feel" of Texas. We have pride (my hubby says it's obnoxious that we have our flag on everything. Yard stepping stones, buildings, menus, etc..). The people are welcoming and down to earth. It's nothing to have a beer with a stranger, and leave as friends for life.

Q: Why do I think Aggies are so obnoxious?
 I think it's like the middle child syndrome. If you want the best, you go to Texas. If you can't get into UT, or just want to party, you go to SWT (Texas State now)...so A&M feels neglected so they overcompensate by being obnoxious.

Ok...gotta run for today. Round 2 will be there for y'all to enjoy tomorrow!

11 comments:

  1. I really like the answer to the last question :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got chills reading about seeing the Mr after he got back from Iraq!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol..I love your answer about Mr. Marine's drunkeness and I would fully support Alzheimer's as well, I 've known quite a few people with the disease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of you and Mr. Marine- it is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh middle child syndrome. why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your answer about Aggies! Haha! And yes, Texas is it's own country! That's why we get to keep our flag at the same height as the US flag. How cool are we! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey hey now! I'm a former bobcat (and Strutter!) and I didn't go just to party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved learning more about you:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you did this. I've really enjoyed reading your blog.
    When I have opportunities to raise money for Alzheimer's research, I always do. My grandfather had it & it was the hardest thing I've ever experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That picture of the two of you brought tears to my eyes. Deployment (and ok, that time of the month too) has me all emotionally CRAZY! I'll be back again to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh i can't wait until my soldier steps off the bus and swings me around too!!!!

    Loved reading all these btw!

    ReplyDelete